Monday, November 4, 2013

Day 1 of the 21DSD

So, today was day 1 of my 21 Day Sugar Detox.  I am using the new book (it is fabulous) as my guide and meal ideas.  A few weeks ago, I was planning to start the detox on November 4th to help support some friends and followers on my Facebook page.  Then Halloween hit.  I thought I could just have a little sugar and then I would be fine.  WRONG!!!   A little sugar led to 4 DAYS of sugar.  Ugh, that is right, I am a sugar addict.  I always think I can have a little bit of sugar but I am always wrong!

So, I am starting today and I know it is going to be rough the first week.  Lots of sugar to get out of my system.

I shopped yesterday and planned out all my meals for the week.  I was excited and could not wait for today to come!

My meals were a little weird today because I am already feeling sick.  Headache, tired and upset stomach so my meals were a little off.  Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast-omlete stuffed with leftover brisket, tomato with balsamic vinegar and homemade chicken broth (I was feeling really good in the morning)

Lunch-orange creamsicle from the 21DSD book and buffalo egg muffins (also from the book)

Dinner- bone broth

I made meatloaf and green beans for dinner but when I came home from taekwondo class, I was not feeling well so I just had a mug of broth.

I am also testing out l-glutamine to see if it helps with my sugar cravings.

So, Day 1 is finished.  Not a great day but not horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment