Saturday, January 5, 2013

Day 5 and Feeling Blah!

So, today is day 5 of The Sugar Detox.  Up until now, I have felt great!  Lots of energy, not hungry.  I have been working out hard and felt like maybe the detox won't be bad this time around.  I woke up this morning with a slight headache.  Nothing bad, just a little nagging feeling.  My husband was in the kitchen making breakfast and he asked me to get something for him.  Instead of helping him, I bit his head off and left the room.  All these bad thoughts were going on in my head.  I was so irritated (which isn't like me at all), what was happening?  Then it hit me, today is day 5,  they same day in the past that I started feeling bad.  The first time I ever did the detox, on day 5-7, I was in bed with flu-like symptoms.  I honestly could not function. I have felt blah all day but not as bad as the first time.  So, my goal today was to just keep my mouth shut.  It worked, I was irritated about things but I did not say a word.  I did drink extra bone broth, had some kombucha and I took extra fermented cod liver oil.  Hopefully, the yuk will pass fast!  I know how good it feels on the other side so it is worth a few days of crap!  So, if someone else is doing the detox, DON'T GIVE UP WHEN YOU FEEL LIKE CRAP!  When you get to the other side, you will be amazed at how great you feel!

Here is what I have been eating:

Day 3:  B-egg drop soup, kombucha
              S-banana with almond butter, kale chips
              L-egg drop soup, 1/2 avocado
              D-paleo meatballs, spaghetti squash

Day 4:  B-egg drop soup, 1/2 avocado
              L-chicken enchilada soup, 1/2 sweet potato, banana 
                   with almond butter                
                  (after crossfit)
              D-beef fajita salad
               S-nuts, 8 oz kombucha

Day 5:  B-breakfast loaf, 1/2 avocado, 8 oz kombucha
              S-pistachios
              D-Primal Jambalaya -2 bowls
               also had some peppermint tea with gelatin and 
               coconut oil

  

1 comment:

  1. I feel great but I am constantly hungry :( I'm eating more than I ever have but I just can't seem to get full. Hopefully this too shall pass

    ReplyDelete