Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yonder Way Farm Visit

A few weeks ago, I finally went to visit my farmer Jason's farm.  I have been buying from Yonder Way Farm for almost a year now but had not had a chance to visit.  Yonder Way Farm  delivers pastured pork, chicken, eggs and 100% grass-fed beef to the Houston area.  The more I talked to Farmer Jason, the more I could see the love he has for his farm.  He really loves and cares for his animals and wants them to live a happy life.  He is also very patient and will answer any questions you throw at him ( I know this because I asked hundreds of questions at first).


The farm visit was wonderful.  I also was finally able to meet Farmer Jason's wife, Lynsey who was just as sweet and beautiful as could be.  I also met two of their four daughters.  What a wonderful life these kids have on the farm!  Lynsey showed me and Julie from Homegrown Paleo around the farm.   We saw lots of chickens, guineas, turkeys and even some baby chicks.  We also got to bottle feed baby piglets that they were taking care of because they were not getting nourished from their momma.  Their were tons of baby pigs to watch as they played in the mud and did what pigs are meant to do.  The pigs were so friendly and came right up to us!  I was a little nervous because they were so big but they were nice.
 The animals at this farm live a life that farm animals are meant to live, with plenty of grass and sunshine.
They also had a brand new litter of kittens!










 My visit was great and I can't wait to go back and visit again.

 Now, I know for sure where my meat and eggs come from and how the animals are raised!  Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment